Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 14:47:56 +0400 (GMT+0400)
From:      Anthony Graphics <agl@mac.glas.apc.org>
To:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@geli.com>
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org, rcarter@geli.com
Subject:   Re: Case for FreeBSD presentation docs?

On Tue, 18 Apr 1995, Russell L. Carter wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 20:25:55 -0700
> From: Russell L. Carter <rcarter@geli.com>
> To: asami@cs.berkeley.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org
> Cc: rcarter@geli.com
> Subject: Re: Case for FreeBSD presentation docs?
>
> In addition to the other observations:
>
> 1. Linux has dreadful nfs performance.  I can supply ample details.
>    But maybe you should ask the Linux folks.  There doesn't appear to
>    be hope anytime soon, either.
Do you mean client or the server side?

> 2. Linux ncr scsi (up until a month or so ago, maybe still) is broken.

>    It is a sad thing to watch the ncr list.  And what about performance
8-0.
I'm running Linux on Intel SP3G (Saturn 4 chipset) machine with no
problems. Performance is noticeably much higher than on the Adaptec 1542C.
I'm running 1.2.5 It such only in the scheduler and serial IMHO

Somebody could explain to me how to make cursor to appear
at the _lower_ end of the char. position in the FreeBSD? (sc0)
How to switch between consoles in vt0?
AGL
> 3. I am running a 4 cpu cluster with scalapack and
FreeBSD-somewhat-current.