Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:18:27 +0100
From:      Anselm Strauss <amsibamsi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE firefox integration

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 23:45:37 you wrote:
> On 03/07/2010 12:29, Josh Paetzel wrote:

> >> I already installed the gtk-qt4-engine, but it has some serious bugs.
> >> Scroll bars are not painted, tab borders are painted at the wrong
> >> position, etc. Could this be because I modified some of KDEs appearance
> >> options?
>
> The gtk-qt4-engine works great here, not run into those problems you
> describe. Check the gtk-qt4-engine configuration gui in KDE4's system
> settings though, there is a fix you can enable to fix scrollbar issues.
>
> >> Are there any other integration tweaks, like icons, keyboard shortcuts,
> >> file chooser dialog, ... ?
>
> We've not modified anything else like that, just standard stuff.
>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Anselm
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

I think I found a rather complete guide of firefox integration in KDE on:

http://digitizor.com/2009/09/20/a-complete-guide-to-firefox-integration-in-kubuntu/

Unfortunately a lot of it is not working for me in FreeBSD 8. The gtk-qt4-engine stuff constantly produces high CPU usage after I close firefox. At least it does not crash or freeze. Also, I don't see any changes in fonts at all, and in the GUI when I already have enabled a KDE theme in firefox. When I enable the FlashGot plugin there is also a constant very high CPU usage after startup. And for the printing I can't find kprinter in KDE 4.3.5.

For now, I will just use a KDE theme in firefox and enable the KDE file chooser dialog ... ;-(

Thanks for the help,
Anselm