Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:01:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@ca.sandia.gov>
Cc:        bmah@california.sandia.gov, FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9179: No ports-pilot CVSup collection?

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 12:49:41AM -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> > ??  Huh??  There isn't any category "ports-pilot" !!  Can't cvsup
> > something that ain't there to begin with ....
>
> Just so I don't look like a *complete* idiot...  :-)
>
> "cd /usr/ports; make search key=pilot" lists several ports (about
> five) that claim to be in a "pilot" category.  Maybe it's wrong to
> ass-u-me that anything in a port Makefile's CATEGORIES definition is a
> valid category?

I looked in the /usr/ports/Makefile, saw no pilot, and asked the
question.  Satoshi has since admitted that a pilot was to be made, and
asked about correct naming ... maybe you missed that?  Since 3Com got
into legal problems with the name "pilot", he was asking about, I think,
"palm" or maybe "palm-pilot" or (I don't remember).  I think, if you
want the category, you ought to respond here about a better name.
Satoshi sounded ready to do it.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).