Date:      Sun, 6 Dec 2020 09:17:56 +0100
From:      Michal Meloun <meloun.michal@gmail.com>
To:        Marcel Flores <marcel@brickporch.com>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThunderX Panic after r368370

On 06.12.2020 3:21, Marcel Flores wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Looks like the ThunderX started panicking at boot after r368370:
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/rS368370
>
>  From a verbose boot, it looks like it bails in gic0 redistributor setup(?):
>
> gic0: CPU29 Re-Distributor woke up
> gic0: CPU24 enabled CPU interface via system registers
> gic0: CPU17 enabled CPU interface via system registers
> gic0: CPU29 enabled CPU interface via system registers
> done
>
> Full Verbose boot:
> https://gist.github.com/mesflores/f026122495c8494d041bce04d30b15bb
>
> I'm not really familiar with the details of the commit, but happy to test
> anything if anyone has any ideas.

Hi Marcel
are you able to get crashdump and do backtrace?
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html#kerneldebug-obtain
and
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-gdb.html
If not, I'll make some debug patch.

It's weird, even though GIC is potentially affected by my patch, in this
case the cpuid numbering was not changed.

Thanks,
Michal