Date:      Mon, 19 May 2003 13:45:39 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   usage of boot.flp

I have a

SPARCengine(tm)Ultra(tm) AXi (UltraSPARC-IIi 360MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 3.10.4 SME, 128 MB memory installed, Serial #10425614.

which I want to put FreeBSD 5.1-BETA on.  I grabbed the boot.flp (a bit
over 4 MB), dropped it into my ftfp/rarp/bootparams server and made made
all the setup right afaik.

The file is properly tftp'd when I 'boot net' and I get

Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/network@1,1  File and args: -
404000 (this line counts up as it loads the file...)
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

Should I be doing something different with this?  I was hoping not to have
to download and burn a CD...

Or am I just doing this wrong?  Hm -- perhaps i should boot into my
network recovery shell and dd this over the first slice?  I'm new to
FreeBSD on sparc64 - thanks for your patience and help.

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift@verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.