Date:      Sat, 9 Apr 2011 13:34:43 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AW: VBox 4.0.4 testing : keyboard layout issue

On Saturday 09 April 2011 12:56:40 Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > From: Tobias Oberstein <tobias.oberstein@tavendo.de>
> > Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 06:10:46 -0700
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
> >
> > Hello Bernhard,
> >
> > > No it should just work but I admit that i haven't tested it for quite a
> > > few months. Does it work fine in virtualbox 3.2.x ? Probably it's some
> > > upstream
> >
> > I did not test it with 3.x, because we need 4.x ..
> >
> > > bug because they changed quite a lot in that area and it's contributed
> > > code.
> >
> > ok. I see.
> >
> > Would you have time / be willing to accept a small sponsorship to fix
> > the issue - regardless if it's upstream or a port issue? If so, send
> > me a private mail .. would be cool;)
>
> I am not at all comfortable with 4.0.4 on the up-stream side. I have it
> installed on my personal Windows7 system (previously running 3.2.12 with
> an Ubuntu client and I a seeing the keyboard lock-ups there.
>
> I ma also having LOT of crashes of the VM. I just get a Win7 popup
> telling my that the VM has unexpectedly exited and do I want to report
> it to Microsoft. After the stability of the v3 B, this is very
> disappointing.
>
> I'll admit to being very nervous about 4.0.4.

Man, besides a few resolved problems with previous nvidia drivers and vbox
3.x, I am yet to see issues on VBox and FBSD amd64 host!

I am using the 4.0.5 devel port now and I'm running all sorts of guest OSes
inside of it, with the SAME .vdi files of my first VBox install!

Here is a list of my guests:

Win7 (32&64)
XP (2)
Win2003 (4)
Leopard OSx
retail snow-leopard 10.6.7 (updated!)
Fedora
Debian
OS-2

Of course not all of these are here since VBox day one.

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br