Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:35:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        abial@nask.pl (Andrzej Bialecki)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on one floppy... sure.

> Hi!
>
> During past few days I was fighting with my new machine, which forced me
> into make'ing release several times, in order to prepare custom
> installation floppy.  Well, after a dozen of times I may say I got used to
> it, and then started thinking about preparing a one-floppy fully
> functional (well, almost :-)  system.

Funny, I've just done something semilar, a complete NFS server on
a floppy, including mirroring, quota, NIS etc.
Having NIS takes care of the passwd problems, and leaves room
for the symbol db's so ps & friends works.

Its on a MFS filesys though, buts that more for practical reasons,
reset the sucker and everything works again, and it can be on a
writeprotected floppy (can you say sysadm proof : )).

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..