Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 15:48:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Adam W. Dace" <thekind@NETural.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stable Backup Solutions...

Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd toss this idea out and see what everyone thinks.  I'm
still relatively new to FreeBSD, and have checked about for a good backup
solution to backup our network here.

The only one I've found that I -like- is bru, and I -don't- like the cost.

dump seems rather old/icky/nasty/doesn't work, tar doesn't do
error-recovery well (so i've heard) and afio doesn't have a front-end.

So.

I'm thinking of writing what will hopefully be a small perl program, that
will use the wonderous features of find and afio to do
full/incremental/differental backups, hopefully across many machines
(using ssh if I'm lucky).

Sys Admins, users, etc...what do you use?

| Adam W. Dace <thekind@NETural.com>  | NETural Communications, Inc.         |
|            Webmaster                | Paying too much for your Net access? |
|       http://www.NETural.com/       | NETural Voice: (312) 819-2231        |