Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:09:08 +0200
From:      peter@bgnett.no (Peter N. M. Hansteen)
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to block a long list of IPs?

Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org> writes:

>>there are efficient tables in ipfw as well, which Ruslan implemented
>>some time ago -- yet another reason we should be grateful to him
>
> How would I build a table of arbitrary IP addresses and be able
> to update it atomically (i.e. add and delete individual addresses
> and not lose all filtering when there was a modification)?

This sounds very much like what PF's tables was made for.

You can add or remove addresses from the command line (see eg
http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/tables.html) and there are ways to
add and remove individual addresses automatically as well (see eg
http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/bruteforce.html).

20:11:56 delilah spamd[26905]: 146.151.48.74: disconnected after 36099 seconds