Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:24:16 +0200
From:      Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
To:        Marco van Tol <marco@tols.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs sharenfs with multiple hosts/networks and options

On 25.08.2010, at 10:03, Marco van Tol wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 09:47:13AM +0200, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>=20
>> with traditional /etc/exports i can do
>>=20
>> /export/linux/root	-ro		xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24
>> /export/linux/root	-maproot=3D0	xxx.xxx.xxx.1
>>=20
>> How can i do this using zfs's sharenfs option?
>>=20
>> When i try=20
>>=20
>> zfs set sharenfs=3D"-ro -network xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24,-maproot=3D0 =
xxx.xxx.xxx.1" data/linux/root
>>=20
>> /var/log/messages shows "network/host conflict" and "bad exports list =
line.
>>=20
>> The general problem seems to be that with each "zfs set sharenfs" =
command, the corresponding in /etc/zfs/exports gets overwritten.
>>=20
>> Is there a workaround for this besides ignoring sharenfs and using =
hand edited /etc/exports?
>>=20
>> Thanks for any help,
>=20
> In december '09 I started a thread about it in freebsd-fs@.=20
> Subject: zfs sharenfs to multiple subnets - found a dirty looking hack
>=20
> I found a dirty hack to do what you need there.  Not sure there is a
> more elegant way to do it already, would be nice.
>=20
> Marco

I already found your hack (after starting this thread) and it does work. =
However, when i then use zfs to create a descendant filesystem, things =
go wrong because when inheriting the sharenfs property from the parent, =
zfs does not adjust the mountpoint that i used in the hack. Similar =
problems will probably arise if one choses to change the mountpoint of =
the filesystem afterwards.

Thanks anyway for the hint!

-Heinrich