Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:08:31 +0100
From:      "Lakhani, F.N." <fnl1@leicester.ac.uk>
To:        "'doc@FreeBSD.org'" <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   UART Tutorial

Hi,

I have read the "Serial and UART tutorial " on Freebsd site http://www.free=
bsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/serial-uart/index.html .

I am a PhD student and insearch of some material related to UART history , =
current implemetations and standards . I found this tutorial useful for me =
but the information in it is quite outdated especially about testing of Nat=
ional Semiconductors IC COMTEST is done in 1994 . If I can I haveon latest =
information on these tests and other vendors of UART IC in the current mark=
et then it would be more useful for me.

Thanks

Farah