Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:29:55 -0400
From:      Hudson Lee <hudlee@vineyard.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: an driver with cisco aironet mini-pci 350

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 07:39:29PM -0700, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> I have an older PCI version here.  Hopefully we just have to update
> the attachment and it should just work.  Can you dump the the PCI registers
> 0x10 & 0x14 via pciconf -l.  We can probably just skip over the indirection
> of the PLX chip and go straight into attaching the Aironet driver to the
> rid.  You can try this guess at a patch for kicks.

I tried the guess at a patch for kicks, it didn't work. Here are the kernel messages when I
kldload the if_an module with that patch.

an0: <Cisco Aironet MPI350> port 0x8000-0x80ff mem 0xd0400000-0xd07fffff,0xd0200000-0xd0203fff irq 11 at device 2.0 on pci2
an0: couldn't map ports
device_probe_and_attach: an0 attach returned 2
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range

The last two errors disappeared of course when I removed serial and
parallel support from the kernel but the other errors still appeared
and the patch still didn't work.

I'm not completely sure how to dump pci registers with pciconf and the
manpage seems to disagree with the usage messages but the commands I
ran seem to have worked:

(relevant portion of output)
# pciconf -l
none1@pci2:2:0: class=0x028000 card=0x500014b9 chip=0xa50414b9 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00

There is the card. So than:

# pciconf -r pci2:2:0: 0x10
0x00008001

# pciconf -r pci2:2:0: 0x14
0xd0200000

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else I can do to help get
the mini-pci card supported or if I'm running the wrong commands please let me know.

-hudlee