Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:17:10 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@bird.cris.net>
Cc:        "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/19300: doc/ru_RU.KOI8-R/share/sgml/bookinfo.ent

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 04:27:13PM +0300, Alexey Zelkin wrote:
> > OK. And some questions:
> > Why that 10 chapters still not commit on tree?
>
> Because since CVS server of the FreeBSD Russian Documentation Project is
> set up we moved all activities there. And we decided to do all translation
> work on this CVS Repo, and just commit updates to the main CVS Repo. When
> at least 50% of the handbook  will be translated I will import it to the
> main source tree.

If you trust the people working on this sufficiently that they won't
interfere with the rest of the docs, I'm happy to sponsor their commit bit
through -core -- they can be restricted to doc/ru_RU.KOI8-R informally, by
telling them, or we can enforce it if necessary through CVS.

That goes for the other translation projects as well.