Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:18:48 -0500
From:      "Matt Gostick" <matt@crazylogic.net>
To:        "J. A. Landamore" <jal@mcs.le.ac.uk>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Possible feature in 3.4-RELEASE upgrade

The errata at http://www.freebsd.org/releases/3.4R/errata.html reads:

  As shipped, the "Custom" installation option in 3.4 is broken.

  Fix: Both the "Novice" and "Express" install paths still work and
       can be used just as effectively (if not succinctly).
       Alternately, you can invoke the custom installation from the
       "Index" menu (Installation, Custom) or you can download a fixed
       mfsroot.flp floppy image (or boot.flp if you need 2.88MB boot
       media) from the floppies/updates/ directory under:
       ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.4-RELEASE/
       The 3.4 ISO installation image is also updated to contain a fix
       for this errata item.

Matt