Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:02:07 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Archive pruning

Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, you wrote:
>
> > I'd like to add that it can be particularly important when legal
> > questions arise.
>
> You confuse the argument for SOME complete repositories with
> the necessity that ALL (or at each most) repositories be so extensive.

	Well I know I'm confused. I missed the part where someone held a gun to
your head and told you that you had to maintain a CVS repository. I know
that the first thing I do when considering a major FreeBSD project is to
go look at the history to make sure I don't make the same mistakes that
have been made in the past. Having a partial history doesn't help me at
all. I could comment further, but I don't see the point, especially
given that the maintainer of the file that started this discussion both
agrees that steps can be taken to lessen its impact on the repository,
and has agreed to do so.

Doug
--
Excess on occasion is exhilarating.  It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.