Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 06:44:13 +1000
From:      Stanley.Hopcroft@aipo.gov.au
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   High speed Synchronous serial cards (SDL) & Frame Relay

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to ask what the FreeBSD driver for high speed synchronous
serial cards (such as the SDL range, supported by FreeBSD) and whether the
driver supports frame relay.

Probably looking in LINT might have saved you the bother of an answer.

My application is replacing a packet filtering (screen) Cisco router
between my Frame Relay ISP and a firewall. Since Ciscos in this
configuration cost ~3k - 6k (Australian, depending on memory) this is
worthwhile.

The more I see of FreeBSD the more I wonder how Cisco can charge what they
do.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

S Hopcroft
Australian Industrial Property Organisation aka Patents Office