Date:      Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:30:22 GMT
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/84930: [msdosfs] something wrong with msdosfs on amd64

The following reply was made to PR amd64/84930; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To: Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org, andy@athame.co.uk
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:20:49 +0200

 --1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

 On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 04:59:08PM -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
 > Maybe, something is "wrong" about this particular filesystem?
 >=20
 > It was created by IRiver -- I never reformatted it. It is 40Gb,
 > but I can extract some headers or whatever would be useful to
 > debug this...

 Did you get any unusual messages in the system logfiles?

 > Or, maybe, it is related to its size? Two people have responded so far
 > with their _working_ examples, but theirs are 61Mb and 250Mb.

 Could be, but I don't think so. IIRC, you have to have the "options
 MSDOSFS_LARGE" in your kernel for drives >128GB.

 Roland
 --=20
 R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
 public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt