Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:59:18 +0100
From:      "Daniel Kamm" <janos@gmx.ch>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Support of LSI 1068E and Intel SRL81348 RAID Ctrl

Hello all

I've been testing two SunFire server blades yesterday for compatibility
with FreeBSD (6.2stable and 7.0beta3). None of the RAID conrollers had
been working out of the box. I'm curious about those Chips are supported
(and me is stupid) and/or if support is upcomming.

Sun Blade 6220
- AMD Opteron based, NVIDIA chipset
- On sale since 04/2007
- RAID Ctrl onboard
- Chipset LSI 1068E
- PCI-Code: 1000:0058:1000:1000 (taken from lspci on Debian Etch)
IMO support should be in driver 'mpt' since the LSI 1064 works fine in
SunFire X4100M2 and SunFire X4200M2.

On FreeBSD 6.2, no controller seems to be recognised. On FreeBSD 7.0,
accessing the controller results in some kind of request loop (see
screenshot taken from ILOM: http://ylz.ch/tmp/snapshot7.png).

Sun Blade 6250
- Intel Xeon based, Intel chipset
- brand new, on sale since 11/2007
- RAID Ctrl via PCIe backpack onboard
- Chipset Intel Sunrise Lake SRL81348
- Chip is from Adaptec with codename Voodoo 80 (or Voodoo 80/08)
- PCI-Code: 9005:0285:108e:7aac (taken from lspci on Debian Etch)
Support under linux is in driver 'aacraid', driver aac doesn't work with
FreeBSD 6.2 and 7.0

The same controller will also be used on SunFire X4150. I will get such
a test box on monday and will be trying to get it working until friday.
So any help is very much appreciated.

Does someone have one of those controllers working on FreeBSD?

Thank you for your help!
 - Dan