Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:27:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>, FreeBSd Chat list <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Will Ebay ever learn?

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:35:13 -0400 (EDT), Alfred Perlstein
> wrote:
>
> I didn't know they had a few large machines running the show..
> Which brings us back to my previous comment.

I think they have a E10K running the whole show.

> The even more interesting thing about Ebay is that I don't
> believe any of their major outages was because of hardware (at
> least that I can recall).

At least some of the outages have been hardware failures of this E10000.
They used to have an outage information page, but I couldn't find it right
now.

In any event, it appears they don't have a clue on how to design or run
 a high availability system.

David Scheidt