Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:57:31 -0500
From:      "Matthew P. Marino" <bind9@citystamp.com>
To:        twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd-specific mysql info

Oddly enough, some of the best documentation for MySQL comes from apps that use
it. PHP4 is a great resource. You can also get something called phpMyAdmin that
will give you a web interface to the tables that really takes a lot of the pain
out of it. If your concerned about security (as you should be), set up the
server with 2 NICs (or an alias) and have the phpMyAdmin app. run from an Apache
virtual server that only listens on a private network(192.168.x.x) and use an
404 authentication via .htaccess. It's theoreticaly impossible too get packets
for those addresses routed accross the net, so you mostly need to worry about
inside jobs.