Date:      Wed, 15 May 2013 19:01:42 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of Chromium port...

15.05.2013 18:29, J. Porter Clark:
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:32:31AM +0300, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
>> 14.05.2013 23:48, Peter Harrison:
>>> Hello list!
>>>
>>> Does anyone know the status of the Chromium port? It's stuck at v25 with multiple vulnerabilities. Updated versions have been available for a while, but haven't been brought into ports. I've emailed the maintainer but not had a response. Anyone know better?
>>
>> I'm building v27 from port now. Looks like many things have changed
>> since v25 - new dependencies, the build flows differently. Seems to
>> be a major update.
>
> Indeed, seems a real mess now.  I told it not to use
> pulseaudio, it wants to install it anyway, along with gdbm and
> accessibility/speech-dispatcher.  WTF?  Might want to hold off
> until some of this gets fixed...

Oh, a friendly soul. To ditch pulseaudio I told speech-dispatcher to use
flite, this way we get really short list of extra deps.

I can't build port for now due too -Werror. Clang shrieks about really
bad things when compiling gcrypt (warning about deprecated interfaces)
whereas gcc4.6 says the same about gssapi.h.

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.