Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:02:56 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/6353

In message <12590.893227546@brown.pfcs.com>, Harlan Stenn writes:
>What needs to be done to contributize it?
>
>I hope it doesn't involve converting it from auto*/configure to bmake...

[talking about the new "am-utils" version of amd and of upgrading]

Well, Uhm, Sort of...

The idea is to stick it unmodfied under src/contrib/am-utils and
make a scaffold makefile in src/usr.sbin/am-utils which does all the
right things for our build targets.  You can see examples of this
in various other programs (awk, bind, bison and so on..)

The alternative is to kill amd and make am-utils a port instead

I think I prefer the alternative, what do the good people on -current say ?

"Drink MONO-tonic, it goes down but it will NEVER come back up!"