Date:      25 Mar 2005 12:48:48 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        bsdzz <bsdzz@verizon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wmf file browser ?

bsdzz <bsdzz@verizon.net> writes:

> > Google for libwmf - see if that helps
> >
> I find the main website for libwmf has been taken over by a spammer:
>
> http://www.wvware.com/libwmf.html
>
> I thought a library was an enabler for an application, and that to use
> this WMF library I would have to use a application that used it.  But
> I can't find which apps use this WMF library.  Since their website
> seems to be taken over by a spammer, maybe they are not around anymore?

libwmf is in the FreeBSD ports system, and quite a few ports seem to
use it (cd /usr/ports;make search key=libwmf).

Also note that while you are correct about the difference between a
library and an executable program ("application"), libwmf comes with
several little programs that use the library to convert wmf files into
other formats.