Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:30:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/35683: Fix amd info

The following reply was made to PR docs/35683; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc: freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:37:41 -0500

 --=.'z?DcP/f)GXOjH

 On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:10:03 -0800 (PST)
 Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:

 > The following reply was made to PR docs/35683; it has been noted by
 > GNATS.
 >
 > From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
 > To: Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
 > Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
 > Subject: Re: docs/35683: Fix amd info
 > Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 02:09:35 +0200 (EET)
 >
 >  On 2002-03-09 16:43:56, Tom Rhodes wrote:
 >
 >  >         <para>Due to the diminishing IP space in IPv4, and the
 >  >         increased number  of users on high-speed consumer lines
 >  >         such as cable or DSL, people are- in more and more
 >  >         need of an Internet Connection Sharing solution. The+
 >  >             more in need of an Internet Connection Sharing
 >  >             solution.  The
 >
 >  `increasingly' in need?
 >
 >  Other than that, I feel my brain going numb when I try to find a
 >  clear way to describe the 'gateway' hunk of this patch, without
 >  mentioning the word'gateway'.  It still seems funny after the patch
 >  though :/
 >
 >  Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation
 >  Project keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}
 >  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/

 Maybe...  perhaps...  we could always describe the gateway as ``the
 door to the internet'' or doorway to the outside world...

 I like your ``increasingly'' idea, but I do not see the use of
 ``gateway'' in this paragraph.  Here we are kinda opening up
 the natd section and trying to create that vision of understanding
 for our reader.  I'm totally open to suggestions here ;)

 --
 Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
 www.FreeBSD.org  -The Power To Serve

 --=.'z?DcP/f)GXOjH