Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 08:35:43 -0600
From:      "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@acl.lanl.gov>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: memory-based VFS

>    Doesn't this do the same thing as MFS?

Good question. Bad answer: See the web page. It is quite different. MFS
provides a memory-based file system at the "disk block" level.  It's kind
of a backend to FFS, so you can't really get control of vnode operations
the way you might like.

v9fs is more like the "malloc file system" we talked about on this
list a while back.

Compare the source for the two systems and you'll see what I mean :-)

ron