Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 06:41:24 +0100
From:      Martin Welk <mw@theatre.sax.de>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates cont'd...

On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 12:07:09AM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> Well, softupdates are up and running for real this time  ;-)
> Has anyone found any limitations, or circumstances when they are
> undesirable?  As i understand it, the negatives are minimal:

No. I'm running softupdates at home (/usr /var /var/news /home /tmp),
at work we're running it on some machines (two desktop machines, a file
server, a database server, news/web/mail server, and two further machines)
and on some customers' machines, too. Everything works flawlessly.

Regards,

Martink
--
 /| /|        | /| /            ,,You know, there's a lot of opportunities,
/ |/ | artin  |/ |/ elk                     if you're knowing to take them,