Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 00:33:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Jason White <mwhite+@CMU.EDU>
To:        Ron Bolin <rlb@mindspring.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do you get the SMP code

Excerpts from freebsd-smp: 30-May-96 Re: How do you get the SMP .. by
Poul-Henning Kamp@critte
> Tell us how it works out :-)

Hmmm...didn't boot.

I got a 'FreeBSD/SMP' message and the next line stating bootcpu=0xff
(sorry, that's not exact, I forgot to write it down.  If it's important,
I still have the kernel around and can check).

This is an AMI Titan-II motherboard with two 90MHz cpus and 512k cache.
This motherboard is supposed to be Intel SMP v1.1 compliant.  Here is
the relevant portion of dmesg from a working kernel:

Calibrating clock(s) relative to mc146818A clock ... i586 clock:
90000469 Hz, i8254 clock: 1193156 Hz
CLK_USE_I8254_CALIBRATION not specified - using default frequency
CLK_USE_I586_CALIBRATION not specified - using old calibration method
i586 clock: 0 Hz
CPU: Pentium (89.09-MHz 586-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x525  Stepping=5
  Features=0x1bf<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MCE,CX8>
real memory  = 16777216 (16384K bytes)
avail memory = 14610432 (14268K bytes)
eisa0: <AMI7111 (System Board)>
Probing for devices on the EISA bus
Probing for devices on PCI bus 0:
chip0 <Intel 82434NX (Neptune) PCI cache memory controller> rev 17 on pci0:0
chip1 <Intel 82375EB PCI-EISA bridge> rev 4 on pci0:2:0

Hope that helps!  Lemme know if there's something that anyone wants me to try.

-Matt