Date:      Sun, 6 Mar 2011 02:59:43 -0500
From:      Joshua Boyd <boydjd@jbip.net>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kmem_map too small with ZFS and 8.2-RELEASE

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Jeremy Chadwick
<freebsd@jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
> If you get better performance -- really, truly, honestly -- with
> prefetch enabled on your system, then I strongly recommend you keep it
> enabled. =A0However, for what it's worth (probably not much), this is the
> first I've ever heard of a FreeBSD system performing better with
> prefetch enabled.

I just recently turned it on after having it turned off for a long
time ... my speeds went from ~300MB/s to 600+MB/s in bonnie++. This is
a dual core AM3 system with 8GB of ram, and 15 disks in a striped
raidz configuration (3 sets striped).

--=20
Joshua Boyd
JBipNet