Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:08:56 -0500
From:      Krzysztof Parzyszek <kparz@iastate.edu>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH default protocol

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:31:17PM -0700, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> I don't believe it ever was '2,1' in -STABLE. Some people may be
> misled by the fact that in the past there was a line like,
>
>   #   Protocol 2,1
>
> In /etc/ssh/ssh_config. Notice it is commented out. ssh(1) still used
> protocol 1 by default. That is, the default was 'Protocol 1,2'.

Yes, now I think it's true...  Especially because the files in ~/.ssh
didn't have '2' at the end of their names (i.e. known_hosts, instead of
known_hosts2, etc.)

--
  ,oOo.Bc -=EE    Krzysztof Parzyszek <hektor@iname.com> 10/12/2001 2:59pm
-'7' `L'          ---If this sentence is true, then every sentence is true.