Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 01:19:46 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        stefan@islandia.is, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyclades 16Ye and PPP

In article <Pine.BSF.3.91.960706145454.516B-100000@hummer.islandia.is> you wrote:
: Hello.

: I'm having a problem with using Cyclades multicomm board with ppp, the
: thing is that when I dial in on it with ppp it connects the ppp proccess
: ok but when I hang up the ppp proccess keeps running.  This does not
: happen with a modem connected to ttyd0, then the proccess terminates and
: everything is normal.  So after eliminating the cables, modems, the ppp
: itself I come down to the fact that this has something to do with the
: Cyclades unit.  I am running is 2.1 Release.  Oh and connecting with slip on
: the card works just fine.

 We have them working just fine here... I guess you'd need to check that
 the modems are set to reset on DTR drop, and a few things like that.

 I'd suggest running mgetty over getty any day for these sort of dialup
 lines.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  The internet is full, please try again in half an hour...