Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:05:35 +0000
From:      Saint Aardvark the Carpeted <aardvark@saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com>
To:        Gannater J?nos <gannater@freemail.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IMAP

Gannater J?nos disturbed my sleep to write:
> How can I check IMAP or POP3 is really listening?

Other folks have mentioned sockstat; another method is just to try
telnetting to port 110 in the case of POP3 (haven't worked with IMAP
before, so not sure if this works with it).  If you get a banner back
like "+OK pop3d at <address> starting", then you're good.

Hope this helps,
Hugh

--
Saint Aardvark the Carpeted