Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2007 02:33:05 +0200
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster and portmanager disagree

> Maybe you guys should stop use portmanager. I personal don't trust it.

I'm not familiar with portmanager or portmaster. I use portupgrade and the
standard pkg-* and ports' "make foo" utilities but I don't think that this is
a proper way to talk about a tool that someone has made to make life easier
maybe not for me and not for you, but evidently for many other FreeBSD users.

If your comment would contain a lot of technical complaints and perhaps fixes,
then it would be relevant, but right now it's just drivel. If someone would
talk in such a way about kbtv without providing any substance or improvements
I would be very angry and rightfully so. So I feel I have to support the
author/maintainer of portmanager here.

Dan