Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 20:51:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jonathan Mini <mini@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/3270: command 'cvs init' missing from cvs(1)

>Number:         3270
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       command 'cvs init' missing from cvs(1)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2-960801-SNAP i386
>Environment:

  since the script cvsinit was replaced by the command "cvs init", there
should be some mention of this in the documentation. I tripped across the
command "cvs init" by accident after looking vainly in the man pages for
a solution to my problem :

cvsinit: not found.

>How-To-Repeat:

Simply type, cvsinit, and not that it no longer exists. Then type man cvsinit
and note that it no longer exists. Then type man cvs and note that there is
not mention of how to start a cvs tree.

>Fix:

  Add the cvs-command 'init' to the cvs(1) man page, and/or talk about starting
cvs trees.