Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:00:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry <jerryr@ComCAT.COM>
To:        John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>
Cc:        Jason Nordwick <nordwick@citycom.com>, "Christopher S. Weimann" <cweimann@wallnet.com>, Ed Suchocki <esuchocki@mediaone.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frustrated with bsd

I had some major problems install FreeBSD also and still have some minor
problem as I move on a discover new things and I'm far from a system
admin.  The only way I could get FreeBSD installed was to buy the disk set
along with the manual I think it was like $50. at the store a small price
to pay for such a good OS.  It was frustrating at but its installed and
the best thing I've run, stick with it.

You can also goto www.cdrom.com there are cds and books there.

And your saying FreeBSD isn't in the main stream here's a story for you

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6986/yahoobsd.htm

Don't come down on the group because you don't understand, this group has
been much more than helpful to me once I was on (I didn't know about this
group until I was up and running, your lucky!). Some people
here developed it, other are learning from eachothers mistakes or people
who are sys admins thats what its all about!  Its Free!!

another good place for info is www.dejanews.com (search the mail archive,
many people have asked the same questions before).