Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:04:33 -0500
From:      "Robin P. Blanchard" <Robin_Blanchard@gactr.uga.edu>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld over nfs failing consistently

the only message was as originally posted:

vm/vnode_pager.h -> vm/vnode_pager.ph
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils/h2ph.
*** Error code 1

it never complained about not being able to find a file,
etc.
it simply spat out "Error code 1" after dealing with
vnode_pager.h.

in desperation, i did a "make -k installworld" on all of
these
nfs clients. the _only_ error was the original one:

vm/vnode_pager.h -> vm/vnode_pager.ph
*** Error code 1 (continuing)
`install' not remade because of errors.
===> gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils/h2xs
install -c  -o root -g wheel -m 555   h2xs /usr/bin
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 h2xs.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1

what could be the ramifications of this?
are these machines irreparably wanked?
how do i prevent this from happening again?

--
Robin P. Blanchard