Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:28:53 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <eugene@zhegan.in>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD CTL device data/id questions

Hi,

I have a bunch if the dumb (not sarcasm) questions concerning FreeBSD
CTL layer and iSCSI target management:

- is the "FREEBSD CTLDISK 0001" line that the ctladm lunlist is
presenting, and that the initiators are seeing as the hwardware id
hardcoded somewhere, especially the "CTLDISK 0001" part ?

- I am able to change the "FREEBSD" part of the above, but only from the
configuration file (ctl.conf), but not from the ctladm on the create
stage (when I'm issuing -o vendor there's no error, and the vendor in
the devlist changes but not on the lunlist, however, I see changed
vendors in the lunlist and they come from the config).

- is the desire to change the "FREEBSD CTLDISK 0001" part weird ? I'm
currently considering it as a part of the production maintenance, but
I'm not sure. Is there a way to change it without touching the code ?

Thanks.