Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 2015 18:59:45 -0500
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        Raphael Eiselstein <rabe@uugrn.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ZFS with Boot Environments (Was: 10.1-RELEASE: bsdinstall on zfs: /var and /usr on zroot/ROOT/default)

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/bsdinstall-partitioning.html
>>=20
>> Is there some "official" documentation about boot environments?
>>=20
>> Searching the web for 'site:freebsd.org zfs "boot environment"' I =
found
>> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/howto-freebsd-zfs-madness.31662/
>> So is this "official" or mainstream or just a experimental hack or a =
poc?
>=20
> BE is heavily used by PC-BSD, so you can try to look for some =
documentation on pcbsd.org.

See, also, the sysutils/beadm port for how to create and use boot =
environments under FreeBSD.

I don't know if the bsdinstall ZFS partitioning option is compatible =
with sysutils/beadm boot environments, but, from what I've seen in this =
thread, it looks like it is.

Cheers,

Paul.