Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:38:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        david@catwhisker.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET
Subject:   Re: -current kernel hangs?

On 19 Jul, David Wolfskill wrote:

>>        It will just sit there forever until ctrl-c is hit.  Anyone knows
>>what's wrong?  Thanks.
>
> This was discussed (to some extent) aboust a week & a half ago in -current.
> It seems (pointed out by Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>)
> that -- for some of us, at least -- "sysctl -a" (used in the entropy
> harvesting by /etc/rc -- fails to terminate.

For me it terminates. I didn't have/had problems booting the system
(build Jul 6, not updated because I'm a little bit lazy to rebuild every
3rd party app which uses libpam).

> Also (again, for me) "sysctl -N -a" outputs a (non-terminating) stream of
>
> 	net.inet.accf.373
>
> lines using my (slightly customized) kernel, but with GENERIC, it exhibits
> similar behavior, but outputs a stream of
>
> 	net.inet.accf.372
>
> lines.

I didn't see this behavior.

If somebody wants the output of a verbose boot, my kernel config or
something else feel free to contact me.

Bye,
Alexander.

--