Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:22:43 -0700
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSEC/NAT issues

I apologize for not CC'ing originally!

I have a network/firewall where I want to nat an entire network.  However, I
also want nat traffic to one remote host in particular out on the internet to
be IPsec'd as well.

[A] (10.x) [B] (Nat) [C] (Real IP)

I've setup IPsec on both machines, and from either machine (B,C) I can ssh to
the other, with ipsec packets all happening happy as a clam.  However if try a
connection from behind the nat box to the remote host (A,C) the key exchange
works fine (between B&C), but then no data flows back and forth.  Anyone have
any suggestions on this?  Thanks!

-Crh

       Charles Henrich                                   henrich@msu.edu

                        http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich