Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 08:38:24 -0700
From:      Ryan.Gamo@sce.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports not compiling

Ok... so I do a 'make install' in /usr/ports/shells/pdksh. Doesn't work....
keeps trying to ftp the files down when I've mounted the CD with the disc
in there. It's the disc with the packages directory. Per the FAQ; I can
specify the distfiles directory. So I cp'ed the pdksh package tarball in
there, did the DISTDIR="" argument and still didn't work. Looked further on
the FAQ and it says that 'distfiles' is symlinked to the CDROM. Ok, so I
cp'ed the files into some other directories, and the make never worked.
Someone help me. I'll fight tooth and nail to get my ksh on.

Thanks in advance,

                               Ryan M. Gamo
                      IT Application Services - TDBU
                 Phone: (626)308-6696 * Fax: (626)308-6390
                      Pager: (888)586-7992 PIN 318489
                             "KNOW YOUR ROLE"