Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 16:16:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@glacier.cold.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   SYN attacks

I am basically without knowledge in regard to TCP protocols.  What I'm
wondering is how succeptible FreeBSD is to the SYN flooding attacks like
those that took down panix.com?  A patch to the linux kernel came out in
the magazine '2600' which enabled one to do the SYN flooding, so I suspect
its going to become more common.  Somebody mentioned a patch for BSD
style kernels from Avi Freedman of NetAxs.com.

?

-Brandon Gillespie