Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 1995 13:03:00 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   root device on wd1a (was: help!...)

First off:
goofing from my side - I forgot to configure wd1 on controller wdc0 drive 1.
Shame on me.
After fixing that and configuring a kernel with root on wd1a
I still could not mount /dev/ws1s1e and swap on /dev/ws1s1b
(sorry, I cannot keep these slice device names in memory but you know
what I mean). BTW, the /etc/fstab with the slice entries for drive 0 worked
fine for root device wd0a (when the disk was master IDE) but just changing
the 0 into a 1 in /etc/fstab didn't work. It looks like the slice code has
some problems when root device is not drive 0. I configured the drive
all for FreeBSD BTW.

After I changed the fstab entries to /dev/wd1a /, /dev/wd1b swap and
/dev/wd1e /usr it work correctly.

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.0-BUILT-19950701 FreeBSD 2.0-BUILT-