Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:32:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>
Cc:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Very weird assembly failure (was Re: UP kernel performance and Matt Dillon's patches)

:>     problems.  If WANT_RESCHED defaults to 0 by being undefined, then
:>     the reschedule flag is never cleared when a context switch is made
:>     and this could certainly lead to problems.
:
:Changing it to AST_RESCHED did not fix the problem for me.
:
:-Chris

    Ok.  I'm seeing the same behavior here too over an ssh link.  I'm pretty
    sure I broke need_resched and the processes are incorrectly getting too
    much cpu in the face of a wakeup.  I just have to find out where.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>