Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:07:21 -0700
From:      Jerry Toung <jtoung@arc.nasa.gov>
To:        Mark Teel <mark@teel.ws>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   remote debugging question

Good morning list,
I CAN connect to the target but the 'bt" command return #0  0x00000000 in=
 ??=20
() at the remote.

So this is what I am doing, hopefully somebody can tell me what I am miss=
ing.
I have 2 laptops same brand and model, both running 6.0current and same k=
ernel=20
config.

laptop A panics because of kld I am writing and I want to debug A with la=
ptop=20
B.

I reboot A and login and enter CTRL-ATL-ESC to get db> prompt, then enter=
=20
'gdb', then enter 's'. At this point I don't get the db> prompt anymore a=
nd A=20
seems to be in a loop, is that normal?

on laptop B, the only thing I did is get the copy of kernel.debug.A in=20
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL
I 'cd' to that location an run
kgdb
file kernel.debug.A
set remotebaud 1
set remotebreak 1
set debug remote 1
target remote /dev/cuaa0

it connects, on B screen (not using X) I see

Warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint
Sending packet: $qSymbol ::#5...Ack
Packet Received:
Packet qSymbol (symbol-lookup) is NOT supported
(kgdb)

when I type 'bt', that's where I get
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Please somebody advise since I can't do anything with that. And laptop A =
is=20
still hanging/loop, and no prompt.

Thanks a lot,
Jerry