Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:41:57 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>
To:        "'Thomas Valentino Crimi'" <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>, "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Steps to install on an AlphaStation 200?

You can use the srm console boot command to change the kernel filename
e.g.

boot -file kernel dka0

On a totally unrelated topic, has anyone had any luck with de0 on a
Multia. I can't get it to see any traffic on the wire, it probes fine,
seems to select the right media but no traffic arrives or leaves.

I've started trying to sort this out but the de0 driver has become a
really horrible mess and it's taking me a while to unravel it. From what
I've done so far I know that the driver's interrupt handler never gets
called and that OACTIVE is permanantly stuck on. NetBSD works fine but
diffing against their sources hasn't turned up anything that immediately
lept out as being the reason.

Paul.