Date:      Tue, 23 May 2017 08:18:00 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Status of QCA9882 support?

hiya,

I still recommend sticking with the AR9280. The QCA988x 11ac stuff is
coming, but I wouldn't at all recommend trying my driver out in hostap
mode.

It's a sufficiently different card (ie requires firmware API) that it
requires a new driver.

(Do buy one to do some local testing though!)

I'm chipping away at it.. :-)

-adrian