Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 1996 02:53:48 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 100-Mbit Ethernet cards

>Will FreeBSD work with 3Com Fast Etherlink 10/100Base-T?

   We have a driver for them. How well it works is in question, however.

>I have read the hardware list, so I think the answer to the question above
>is no. But are there plans for it?
>
>Also, if anyone has any experience (good/bad) with FreeBSD on any
>100-Mbit-cards, I am very interested.

   The SMC 9332 cards (based on DEC DC21140) work quite well - I use them
here. I wrote a driver for the Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B recently, and it
also works quite well.

-DG

David Greenman
Core Team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project