Date:      19 Mar 2002 03:02:24 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        "Hiten Pandya" <hitmaster@mysun.com>
Cc:        bugbusters@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Closable list of PRs (duplicate copy for this list)

[sorry for the delay in answering to this]

"Hiten Pandya" <hitmaster@mysun.com> writes:
> misc/34039 (FreeBSD fortune(6) tips to be added)

Not closable unless a) the patch has been committed or rejected or b)
you (as the originator) are withdrawing it.

> docs/34074 (Incomplete disklabel instructions)

Why is this PR closable?

> docs/34038 (New Article for the a.out to ELF upgrade process [in
> detail])

Why is this PR closable?

> docs/34005 (mmap man page description of ENOMEM is ambiguous)

Already closed.

> docs/32468 (broken link in handbook: sysutils/mkisofs - [tmp. fix])

Why is this PR closable?

> kern/26510 (panic Intel STL2 server board with 4GB RAM)

Why is this PR closable?  Sheldon makes a good argument for keeping it
open.

> i386/26812 (old bootstrap /sys/i386/boot/... still in -STABLE branch)

Has this issue been resolved?  In any case, the PR is assigned to
peter; you should contact him about closing it.

> docs/32020 (loader.8 manpage missing tunables)

As Bruce pointed out, this PR should not be closed yet - unless your
article is finished and has been committed.

> i386/26736 (System freeze booting from (i386) 4.3 floppies)

Why is this PR closable?  Has the originator confirmed that his
problem has been solved?

> i386/34399 (Undefined datatypes in netinet headers)
> [ the above PR can be closed, according to the followup, I checked
> the header file src/netinet/in_systm.h, as well write code. ]

This PR is assigned to dwmalone; contact him about closing it.

> kern/28162 ([4G Memory Problem] - fixed in RELENG_4, HEAD, 4.5])

Have the patches in question been committed?  If not, the PR should
not be closed.

> i386/29045 (paninc ffs_blkfree)

This PR is in feedback state, and should not be closed unless the
originator confirms that the problem has been resolved, or times out.

> i386/29096 ([no feedback from originator])

Too fresh.

> i386/31728 (Install hangs...)

Incorrectly closed by ashp at your request; the system in question is
a desktop computer, not a laptop, so the error messages about
/dev/card0 are irrelevant.

> i386/33089 ([no feedback from originator])

Absolutely not.

> i386/34051 ([not enought information - looks misfiled to me])

No, it is not misfiled, but it is certainly incomplete and should be
closed in a month or two if the originator doesn't respond to your
questions.

> i386/28536 ([needs to be handed over to the MSDOSFS maintainer])

Not closable, unless the patch in the PR (or a similar patch obtained
from NetBSD) has been committed.

In the future, please refrain from suggesting that a PR is closable
without explaining why you think it is.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org