Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 1995 09:29:12 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu (-Vince-)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Some questions

-Vince- stands accused of saying:
> > Yup, any halfway decent bookstore should have the O'reilly books, or be
> > able to get them.  http://www.ora.com may be easier if you're web-literate.
>
> 	Hmmm, okay.  How much does this book cost?

No idea 8)  I'd guess around the US$30 mark, but book prices here are
horrendous.

> > SLiRP doesn't give a stuff about IP addresses, it uses whatever the client
> > machine claims to be.  If you want to do more than feed a single client,
> > then you'll need to do things 'properly'.
>
> 	Hmmm, is there anyway to set it up so that it will give the
> correct ip assigned to that person?

No, read what I said; It doesn't care.  SLiRP performs all network actions
on the host, as the host, it just repackages the data it receives and
sends it down the wire to the SLIP client, and takes SLIP packets from the
client and reperforms tha action as though coming from the host.

The actual IP number used by the client is irrelevant, it never gets
used anywhere for anything other than by SLiRP to send packets back
to the client.

I'd suggest reading the documentation for SLiRP if I'm not making sense,
I think it does a much better job 8)