Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:06:35 -0600
From:      William McVey <wam@sa.fedex.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I4B support for US ISDN?

Several months ago I found out through this list that the current
ISDN for BSD package does not support the ISDN protocols in use in
the US.  It was explained that documentation was lacking for the
US ISDN low level protocols.  Subsequent to that, some references*
to for ISDN in the US were mailed to the list.  I was wondering if
these resources were enough to begin doing the port to the US
protocols?

Also, I could make available account access to a freebsd box which
system which could be connected to the serial console of another
machine with an USR Sportster TA connected to a a US NT1 switch.
This would give someone in Europe the ability to test their code
out in the US without incuring international ISDN charges.

  -- William

* The two references which seemed to have the most content were Bellcore's
site at http://www.bellcore.com/ISDN/ and the North American ISDN Users'
Forum at http://www.niuf.nist.gov/misc/niuf.html